The project is aimed at improving criminal justice in Nigeria through capacity building of prosecutors across Nigeria and facilitating the review of criminal laws in Nigerian. LEDAP, with the financial support of the John D and Catherine T, Mac Arthur foundation has successfully carried on with the project since 2001.
The Project comprises:
· Training of prosecutors in DPP offices and Police Prosecutors on human rights and Case Management
· Consultative forum for reform of criminal justice in six geo-political regions of Nigeria on human rights.
· Hands –on training of prosecutors through Internships
· Publication of “THE PROSECUTORS” magazine
– Based on the credible implementation and output of this project, LEDAP won the MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative and Innovative Institution 2008.