Job Level: Fresh Graduate/Entry Level/Graduate Internship
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Qualification: Degree
Preferred Years of Experience:
Application Deadline: 2017-20-02
WHO WE ARE:
The Legal Defence and Assistance Project (LEDAP) is a non-governmental organization of lawyers and law professionals, engaged in the promotion and protection of human rights, the rule of law and good governance in Nigeria. In addition, it has observed cognisance recognition with the Africa commission on human and peoples’ Rights.
We are currently advertising for the vacant position (As stated below) to work in our Lagos Office:
JOB TITLE: Accountant/Financial Officer
JOB TYPE: Full Time
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support and coordinate all internal and external audits by providing any relevant information and support.
- Provide budget versus actual expenditure reports for review on a monthly basis and highlight any adverse variances.
- Individual reviews requests from staff and process anti monitor spending by reviewing all supporting documents, work with Finance Assistant to perform ad hoc cash counts for petty cash.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting (CPA may be required)
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
The individual must be a PC proficient and able to thrive In a fast-paced setting.
– The individual must have at least basic experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong Interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
NOTE: The Marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.