About the Project:
The WVL project is a five-year $9.7 million project funded by Global Affairs Canada. The project is aimed at tackling the barriers to gender equality and supporting the empowerment of women and girls through provision of technical and financial resources to local feminist/women’s rights organisations (LWROs) that are advancing the rights of women and girls and championing gender equality.
The WVL Nigeria is pleased to announce its first call for Expression of Interest from:
- LWROs based in Bauchi, Cross River, Enugu, Lagos, Kebbi and Kwara states; and
- LWROs networks/movements in these states or beyond who are influencing policies at the national level.
The WVL Nigeria project will support LWROs and LWROs networks/movements with:
- Multi-year grant (for up to 5 years) to LWROs in the project’s selected states and networks/movements in Nigeria;
- Tailored capacity building support to the grantees to address institutional and program related gaps.
This call targets actions that supports the achievement of gender equality and women and girls enjoying their rights in selected project states and Nigeria. These include, but are not limited to, actions that address violence against women and girls, women economic justice and empowerment programmes, Women political participation and leadership including policy advocacy and influencing. The above actions are neither prescriptive nor mandatory, as grants can be used to continue implementation of on-going or new interventions and can also be used for institutional strengthening and core operational costs.
Concept note using the attached template should be submitted on or before 26th September 2019 to WVLNigeriaGrants@actionaid.org
- Only women-led women’s rights/feminist organisations will be considered for this application.
- Only shortlisted organisations will be notified, due to volume of applications that may be received
- The initial shortlist may not amount to being signed onto this project.
- ActionAid will not be responsible for any cost you have incurred in the development of the EOI
- Due diligence (i.e. background check and other assessments) will be conducted on shortlisted LWROs and networks/movements.